24 October 2005

Weekend update

Weekend Update
I was pretty happy with Friday night's activities and Saturday afternoon was more of the same, I had lunch with some more people that I had not seen in a while, several interesting conversations (mostly about various institutions and people we know in common.

In the afternoon I cleaned house and went on a bike ride into the next town (a thing I like about New England and my little spot of California - you can do that). There was a street craft fair and I looked at a bunch of photographs - particularly a set taken in the Alaskan Wilderness Preserve and in San Francisco. Alas I seem to have lost his card.

In the evening I had a wonderful dinner with two friends and we had a wonderful evening of talking about big issues, little issues, and cats. I like the new cat. Sadly it was so much fun that I probably stayed too long for both their and my needs for sleep.

Which leads us to Sunday. I had a brunch I was running for my coop, and I wanted to get up at 7 to get there at 8.30 to help make things happen for 11. I fell asleep in my clothes, and managed to set the alarum but not turn it on. So I got there at 10.15. But it worked out. We had about 80 people for the reunion - the coops 25th and there were at least 20 small children. There were a number of nice speeches. We had a memorial for one of the alumni who died in a car accident. We honoured the founders, and several people said very nice things about me (since I have been running the board of directors for 6 years without having actually lived there, having taken over from the founders).

Sunday night I worked on cleaning house, my office, and getting some e-letters written.

No comments: