04 July 2006

4th of July

Saturday I went to the fractional birthday party/house cooling for Morgan and David. It was a lot of fun. got to know a few new dance people, see Ping, Andy, and Ruth spin fire! And there was much good food and great sangria and BBQ and sitting on the balcony enjoying the sun, and huge pillow fights.

Sunday I recovered from the party, spent the afternoon with Anna, and then saw Thank You For Smoking at the Parkway with Rachel, Brendan and Anita. Must go to the Parkway more often! It was good movie. Amazingly no one smoked during a movie about smoking.

Yesterday I succeeded in getting out of work semi early and getting my hair cut. I then managed to harvest most of the plum crop. Despite trying to go to be early, I failed and then slept in until past 1.

Today I went to some friends from college (actually their college, my grad school) - whom I have known nearly forever and sometimes get invited on family trips with - to their BBQ for the celebration of The Insurrection Against His Majesty's Lawful Government day. It was a lot of fun, lots of cute kids running around, good food, good sangria and I got to catch up a little from my friend from college (who just moved back) and her sisters, and plan further activities in the near future.

No comments: