09 July 2006

A busy week

Well it was a fascinating week. Monday I was at work, but only about half of the staff was in (and if I had thought about it, I might have gone somewhere for the long weekend, but I didn't so it was the salt mines for me. The 4th I already covered. Wednesday I was pretty productive. The next to last AVP had a retirement party - this now means there are only 4 or 5 senior executives who are not some kind of temporary, and lots of just empty spots. Some of them will be back part time, but there's a whole lot of empty on the top floor.

Thursday I actually got work done, and then went to Palo Alto/Menlo Park to hear some Jazz and have dinner with a friend, who I had called on the 4th after a long absence.

Friday was entirely lost to a staff meeting, the good bye lunch for my boss, 30 minutes of email, the retirement party for one of the people (recently in my work group) who I worked with on a lot of UC Merced stuff. Then it was off to a "7's" party (7 themed drinks, food, decorations {movie posters} held by a friend who recently got promoted at Berkeley. Most of the people there were in development or Berkeley faculty, which was fun. Then it was off to the housewarming party for Corey and Chris. They have the cutest little black kitty. We all had fun trying to wear out the cat, probably unsuccessfully. I was pretty late at 11ish but there was a steady stream of interesting people in and out until 3.30ish.

That, of course made me late for David and Morgan's big move from Berkeley to Palo Alto. But we had a great brunch at a pie restaurant in Berkeley/Oakland. Then we drove down to their new cottage, met up with the South Bay crew and unloaded everything. After dinner I met up for drinks with my Menlo Park friend.

Sunday was HomeDespot day - bought some tools, deck improvement/maintenance supplies, and some more night lights. Poked around at the (closed) pre-owned car shop to see what they had. Worked on house, and getting pictures on line.

No comments: